Thursday, March 27, 2008

African Trophys


Black Wildebeest tail made into African King Fly Swatter.




African Porcupine Quills.

















We finally got our trophys from our African Safari. We are really happy with the way they all turned out. John and Cathy Peacock of Taxidermy Africa did a great job of taxidermy and with the shipping. Thanks John and Cathy.
This is a Blesbok. It's an African antelope that weighs about 200 pounds.
















This is the Black Wildebeest. It scored high enough for the Safari Club International record book. He is a dandy.
















This is a male and female Springbok. I think the plaque in the shape of Africa is way cool.
















This is the Zebra. It's a lot bigger than it looks. Tyler is going to help me mount this and the other trophies in a couple of days. I'll post pictures when we get it done.
















This is the female Springbok hide. These are beautiful little animals (and they taste good).


I'm going again next year (March, 2009) with the Leavitt brothers from Kamas. I can hardly wait to get back there.

3 comments:

The Prices said...

They all look great. I love the Zebra skin!! It is beautiful. I can't wait to see everything in person.

Gordon said...

They all look really neat. I really like the frame in the shape of Africa

zach said...

They look really cool. When momo gets her bear you need to get it stuffed. I think it should be standing in the sun room to scare ever one.